Scenes from Memorial Day weekend

I am the worst at documenting the things that Jeff and I do. It's odd seeing that I am a photographer, but perhaps it is because I am photographing things all week that when we kick back and relax I never think to reach for the camera? Anyhow, I am trying to be better, so I actually took some pictures this last weekend, and I will share some today.

We had a barbecue with some of our favorite Washingtonians (and a few visiting Bostonians)on Saturday, which was a lot of fun (and great food) and which I failed to take any pictures of. Suffice it to say, we had a good time.

 Our friends Brandon, Shelby and co. were in town visiting from Boston, and it was so fun to spend time with them. We barbecued, went to the park, played games, went to the zoo, attended a concert on the lawn of the Capitol - all kinds of fun things.

 Best pun of the weekend: we were sitting on the west lawn of the Capitol and Jeff found a large screw right by where we laid out our blanket. He showed it me, and I said, "I always knew they had a few screws loose up here." Yuk yuk yuk. (One of the reasons I married Jeff was because he always laughs at all of my jokes.)

  Brandon and Tayte at the zoo.


We had a great time at the zoo, and saw a lot of neat things, not only were some of the orangutans in the Think Tank, but we were able to see the sealions being fed and doing tricks, and hear the lion roar!

  My favorite crazy animal at the zoo.

  Nothing says holiday weekend quite like lying on the floor, reading a book.


Shelby and Daxton - both so stylish.
 


Waiting for the concert to start. The concert, by the way, was nothing like I expected - I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it. There were some neat parts and very nice musical numbers, but it was being broadcast live on PBS and I almost felt it would have been better to watch on TV. Too many video montages and such for an in-person audience, I think. Especially when we were quite far from the stage. Plus it got really chilly, so Jeff and I ducked out early to avoid the rush of people and walk our six blocks home in peace.

Labels: