The Billy Goat Trail

“I am the littlest Billy Goat Gruff,” explained Ramona. “I have to trip-trap.”
-Ramona the Pest

On Memorial Day Jeff and I, along with our wonderful friends Haylie and Ross, trip-trapped our way (or scrambled, more like it) over rocks on the Billy Goat Trail, a hiking trail between the C&O Canal and the Potomac River. We tackled section A, which is the more strenuous of the three sections, but still very achievable and beautiful.

Haylie brought along an excellent homemade trail mix, and we saw two different types of lizards, so you know the hike was a huge success.

Growing up my family was more of the day-hike kind of people rather than overnight camping, so a day like that is perfect for me - wear ourselves out hiking then head home for a little backyard barbecue. If anyone out there has great suggestions for hikes (in our area or yours) please let me know!

Labels: ,